Friday 11 November 2011

Toiles

Don't know whether any of you have read the vile words that come form Maximus but I think his blog is pretty addictive. Austere is the name of his blog and it some how fits perfectly with his whole look. How do I know this? I chose to have him as my muse and base my inspiration and collection around him i.e. weeks of researching, designing a capsule collection  and finally making one garment and accessory. 
Managed to contact him via facebook so that a photo shoot could be arranged. Now just looking forward to the day and still trying to figure out how and where I should shoot him. 
If your wondering why I chose max, Its all due to his 'panda' look. Check his lookbook and blogspot and you will see what I mean! 

A page from my book, including inspiration for colour palette based on packaging.


Another big inspiration was the Yas Hotel in Abu Dhabi. PVC toile for a 3D jacket which didn't work quite as well as I had hoped for but managed to find firmer PVC in Goldhawk road.


Toile of the jacket. My first attempt on men's jackets, however the arms were swinging back a bit so had a fun day mending my master pattern NOT! haha I swear Fashion generates the most waste in the planet. literally even more then cars and other fuel emission. The amount of paper, fabric, time and effort not counting electricity and energy wasted is unbelievable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Rt Labung