Friday 4 February 2011

Bon Voyage

 As the departure date for my short visit to Paris comes closer, I began to think about how much to take with me. Then I thought of what to put all the items of  clothing, shoes, bags, accessories and other items in. The only weekend bag I have is fairly worn out so I thought about buying a new one. However my darling friend Lorna, bought me a few meters of leather form a warehouse she had visited. As always, I began making. Take a look at my new weekend bag. Took 2 days to complete and broke only one needle on my domestic machine.


Cutting the fabric. This time I measured to get accurate results.

Box. haha without the handles/straps



I bought two large silver hoops from a local craft shop for 99p each.



Added a long strap from old bag and the handles I stuffed with old denim.


Hooked in place



Inside of the bag. I placed a card coated in fabric to give more structure to the base.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Rt Labung